Topband: JA opening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA opening
From: kk4tr@webtv.net (Joseph Dube)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:17:10 -0500 (EST)
Forte second straight day the JA's came roaring into west central
Florida. JA1JRK and JA1HQT were among the loudest at well over 599. This
began at about 1145 and lasted till about 1230utc. I think over all this
had to be the best I've heard them this season. It didn't even bother
me that I didn't work any of them because it was just alot of fun
joining in the pile up!!! At right around 7500 miles from Tampa to
Tokyo, so with my modest antenna arrangement its going to be more
difficult to break through the wall of W/K stations to make the contact.
I guess that's what  makes it more interesting. Any how it nice to see
te JA's workig the "fellas" as fast as they could line them up. Quite
possible sometime in the future I will be in that line. Oh while I am
thinking about it, during the Stew Perry contest VK6VZ was so loud here
that he sounded like a local. Unfortunately the thunder crashes were
well over S9 as well.  In between crashes however it appeared that VZ's
sigs were in the Plus 9 range. KH7R was also quite loud and was in until
after local sunrise time(couldn't see the sun because it was
raining!). Just an after thought on the contest.  73's All!!

Joe KK4TR
Tampa,Fl
kk4tr@webtv.net
grid - EL87