Topband: Inverted L modeling

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L modeling
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:57:02 -0000
Hello gang
I have been reading alot about 1/4 wave inverted L's being used on topband
both here and in alot of antenna books but wouldn't that put the maximum
current/radiation at the base of the inverted L?? According to what I have
read the maximum current occurs at 1/4 wavelength and every 1/2 wavelength
thereafter in a wire antenna. I am presently using a 175' long inverted L
with the vertical section being 45' tall and I have 73 ( no pun intended )
1/4 wave radials at the base. My goal is maximum vertically polarized
radiation oriented to the lowest takeoff angle. I don't have an amp so every
watt is very important to me to work DX. Can anyone suggest how long my
Inverted L should be to put the best possible signal at the lowest possible
takeoff angle??
Happy Y2K to all
Brian VE3SQZ