Topband: Inverted L modeling

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L modeling
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herb Schoenbohm)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:41:49 -0400
At KV4FZ I replaced the long flattop with a folded back pair of wires designed
to eliminate the high angle radiation component.  The entire physical length of
the folded portion is 61 feet with the outside end shorted and the vertical
wire feeding one side.  K6SE did some EZ-NEC plots on this arrangement with 4
elevated radials. I was able to obtain a good match with a 1000 pf in series
with the coax feed using a 50 foot  vertical portion.  I am convinced that this
arrangement is the best simple DX antenna available where space and height is
limited.  I have be looking for others but so far the "Marconi" inverted L
modified in this manner can not be beaten for those who want an efficient low
angle radiator.

Good Luck,

Herb  KV4FZ