Topband: 160m Today

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m Today
From: n6ff@tco.net (Dick Wolf)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:26:21 -0800
Hi All,

I did not get the XZ0A 160m logs last night for the QSO's on the 27th, copy
was very poor at sked time.  I did hear WC7N get through yesterday morning,
so congrats to Rod.  I hope to pick up yesterdays and todays logs at sked
tonight, propagation permitting.

Conditions with XZ this morning seemed better than yesterday, numerous
stations were calling.  Copy at this QTH started about 1500z, peaked about
1515Z to a 569, and faded out about 1530z.  Signal was from the usual NW
direction today.

Down band, on 1.821 at 1508z, was Dale/VQ9QM coming through at 559 from the
SW direction.  A welcome surprise, K6DB and myself exchanged reports with
Dale.  Now for some action from 4S7, 3B8, and maybe FR5. . . . .

73 & GL in the Contest,

Dick - N6FF