Topband: K0HA Pictures/Rig Comparisons

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K0HA Pictures/Rig Comparisons
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:55:19 -0800
I just picked up an Icom IC-756PRO.  While I still can I plan on
making a detailed real-life receive comparison of that vs my
Kenwood TS-870.  I have two parallel short spaced (6') Beverages
that are 881' long each.  They have virtually always performed
identically by themselves on receive on the 870.  I plan on
connecting one to each radio and comparing readability between
the two.  Tests have already begun...
For those interested in my antennas/equipment I thought that I'd
make some pictures that I just took today (Saturday) available.

The following are my two short spaced (6') parallel Beverages towards
Europe. I also have a third wider spaced (150') parallel towards Europe.
The zoom on the photo make the stagger-fed Beverages appear shorter
than their actual length of 881'.  The third European Beverage (not
shown) is around 1076' long.

http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image.cgi?image=2747580&name=BEV2EU.JPG

The following is looking across the two above mentioned short
spaced Beverages towards my verticals and other antennas:

http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image.cgi?image=2747585&name=BEVVERTW.JPG

The following is a picture of my three in-line 160M verticals
towards Europe on the left.  On the right are my six in-line 80/40M
verticals towards Europe.  That's one of my two wider-spaced
South American/African Beverage wires that's in the foreground:

http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image.cgi?image=2748764&name=VERTSOTH.JPG

The following shows a wider angle view of my shack equipment:

http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image.cgi?image=2748766&name=SHACKFAR.JPG

And finally, the last image shows a closer view of my main equipment:

http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image.cgi?image=2748767&name=SHACKNR.JPG

73,  Bill     K0HA