Topband: 160 pulsating noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 pulsating noise
From: clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (c penna)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:29:30 -0000
Will. If the noise you are hearing is like an on -off scatching pulse of
about 2seconds on and 2 seconds off. I know the source of it. I can hear it
here even during daylight. It is located about 100 miles wsw of me on the
Island of Lewis.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with this other pulse noise but the one that I
have described has given trouble a number of times in the last few years.
let me know if it is that sound, it peaks in strength on about 1822 but is
wide enough in width to cover most of the CW band. 73 Clive GM3POI