Topband: Ekeing Out QRP QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ekeing Out QRP QSOs
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:50:26 -0400
> Maybe it's time to have credit given on the receiving end for QRP QSOs.
> The only way to do that is to include power class in the exchange.  Maybe
> it could work like this...

I received a nice certificate for the maximum recorded distance per
watt on 160 meters with a station that was running QRP.

I think it's great the QRP ARCI gives both the QRP station AND the
person digging him out of the noise credit.

The fact this was a totally random contact during a contest makes
it especially nice.

It would be super if something similar could be done in the Stew
Perry and other contests with power multipliers. After all, it's the
people who hear the QRP station that make the QRP station's
efforts successful.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com