Topband: 2 wire beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2 wire beverage
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:04:34 -0500
2 wire beverages can be used successfully in a variety of configurations.  I
use 2 number 18 military surplus telephone wire side by side with an
approximate spacing of 10".  I use the K1FZ feed and termination
transformers with great success.  They can be just as successfully made with
450 open feeder with the appropriate changes made in the feed and
termination transformers.  You could probably use zip cord for that matter
(although it would stretch badly).

With proper feed and termination design they will yield excellent f/b
(better than single wire beverages from my own experience) and work quite
well.

Unfortunately, mine are not up yet. . . but that will change!

73. . . Dave
W0FLS