Topband: Re: Beverage Length

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Beverage Length
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:55:30 +0200
VE7BS:

>This is HF thinking, and Beverages are for 160 and 80, where low angle
>signals hardly exist unless you are on or close to the sea.

     Ok, so no low angle signals for DX on 160 and 80, correct?
     How far from the sea do you have to be to get low angle?
     If this is correct why don´t we use high angle radiators?
     I mean., if it isn´t low angle it must be high, or what am
     I missing here?

     73, Jim SM2EKM

     PS: This is no thinking from my side, it´s what I´ve found out
     mainly on 80 and a little bit on 160. Sure no professional
     measurements just pure amateur experimentation with
     antennas but if there is no low angle for DX on 80/160 I´m
     totaly out in the blue so please explain this further to me.