Topband: Pennant working?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pennant working?
From: bgkurz@epix.net (Kurzenknabe, Barbara and Glenn)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:36:58 -0500
I built a pennant for 160 exactly per the K6SE articles and I purchased
a K1FZ matching box.  I use a 50 bead decoupling assembly and feed it
with about 75' of RG-8X....   It is so quiet I'm not sure it is
working!!!!  It is pointed toward Europe and there were no stations to
be heard last weeked except an IH9.  The CN8 was loud on every
antenna....   Any comments on the pennant....  Is it really that quiet?

Thanks
Glenn K3SWZ

P.S.  Are you aware you need to use a preamp with it?  Gain is about
-30 to -40 dB I recall...de W4ZV.