Topband: Quick disconnect for Ladder Line

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Quick disconnect for Ladder Line
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:52:42 -0000
Hi Bill

Your right about the lightning flashover effect - I have seen it here when I
used DTDP switches in the past.

What I have been doing for the last few years is cutting those "test leads"
[ which are just 2 alligator clips attached by a wire that you can either
purchase at Radio Shack or make yourself ] into two pieces and attaching one
to each end of my ladderline  for a quick disconnect/connect feature for my
tuner. I use them for the ladderline feed on my 160m loop, 160m dipole and
160m inverted L. No detuning has ever been observed and I seem to working my
share of DX.

Hope this helps

73 de Brian VY2MGY/3