Topband: TITANEX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TITANEX
From: f.cresce@worldnet.att.net (fred)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:32:30 -0400
Hello Top Folks

What is the mystery or performance advantages of the Titanex vertical
antenna.  This company seems to be the new buzz word that DX-peditions
use for their low band antennas.  Apparently "Battlecreek" will not
manufacture their antenna for the "masses" to buy.  Titanex seems to have
a system for DXers and stationary use.  They are just plain old verticals
that can be raised to nice heights that make low band RF happy.  Could
someone fill me in on these two companies.  I own a Unihat vertical for
160M and have added 80 radials of various lengths and it is a great
performer on my small 50X100 foot lot.  I know that it is short but it
works.  What advantage would it be for me to get a Titanex that extends
to 130 FT?  Would there be problems with RFI?  I don't have that with the
Unihat.  I run "legal limit" and there are no complaints from the
neighbors when I'm on 160M.  I know that I first need the property to
support a structure like the Titanex.

Thanks
Fred KC4MOP