Topband: TITANEX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TITANEX
From: Aprewitt@prodigy.net (Aprewitt)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:38:21 -0700
Hi Fred,

I also use a UniHat and have wondered about the Titanex vertical.
I have tried to model both antennas on NecWinVM. I am not an antenna expert
so the models may be flawed. However, my models show very little difference
between the two antennas on 160. On 80 and 40 the Unihat has better low
angle.
Also, from operating experience, I can work anything I can hear on 160 with
the UniHat.

My conclusion is to keep the UniHat and spend the extra money on
beverages( either the wire or liquid type)!

73, Art
N4PT
Tucson, AZ