Topband: Question: Guy wires as verticals, also phased

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question: Guy wires as verticals, also phased
From: k8do@msn.com (k8do)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:57:00 +0100
It's been done... I would forget the phasing stuff... Too many headaches...
Make the two other (upper) guys parasitic reflectors... Use relays to walk
the driven element around the circle for electrical rotation and to insert a
If the tower interferes (here a modeling program can help decide) drop a
gamma wire down the side of the tower and use a variable cap to tune the
tower out of resonance  and make it electrically disappear...

I have noninductive guys on my towers... What I did on the 150 foot tower
was to hang 4 sloping wires off the tower (just  like guys) with the bases
100 feet out...  Three were parasitic reflectors and one was driven...
Relays selected the beaming direction...  Worked like gangbusters...

Denny