Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan Discussions....

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re : CQWW SSB & Our Continuing Bandplan Discussions....
From: k9mi@home.com (Michael Brown)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:49:13 -0500
I think the only solution is for the Fcc to draw a line in the sand,
just like on all the other bands. Bandplans, gentleman's aggreements
just don't cut it. In cw and rtty contesting, in the big contests,
these modes clobber the digital ops using other modes. I have
a low profile station here, and my 160 antenna is not going to
work Dx. So, I know I don't relate to some of the situations
that other ops do that have excellent 160 setups that can work
Dx on topband. If the FCC did a rule change that said cw and
digital from 1800-1870 (just an example) and phone from
1870 and up, Dx transmitting low in the band we could operate
split, like we do on 40m phone contests, correct? Well, just
like Dennis Miller says, "just my opinion, I could be wrong".
But I thought I would give it anyway.

73, Mike K9MI