Topband: Barefoot Topband DX?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Barefoot Topband DX?
From: lsica@mediaone.net (Louis Sica. Jr.)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:52:21 -0600
Hello

I'm new to topband, living in the Upper Midwest (read: propagation
blackhole) with no amp (and no funds to get one), and only a Alpha Delta
DX-A twin sloper for an antenna (with no room for anything else). My
question is, is DX possible with this sort of set up, or should I be happy
when I contact Wyoming, and elated beyond words on those rare occasions when
I contact the coasts or maybe even the Caribbean? Should I leave 160 meter
DX for those guys with REAL power and REAL antennas?

Thanks to all

Top band neophyte Lou Sica AC0X
lsica@mediaone.net