Topband: newbie on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: newbie on 160
From: dcbc@ipa.net (Dan)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:54:00 -0600
Hello
I need some advice about receiving antennas on 160 meters.
I can't hear the good stuff on 160 or 80 meters so I need to do something
about this.
What is the best receiving antenna that I can fit on my lot of 330feet by
412 feet?
I was thinking about a K9AY loop but have read or heard that this antenna
does not work well on 80 meters. I want good performance on this band also
since I still need a few to complete my 5BDXCC.
This spring I am going to put up a 70 foot vertical antenna for transmit and
will base load it for 160 meters.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Dan W0VD
EM27ud