Topband: Elevated Radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Elevated Radials
From: nmt@at-communication.com (Nodir M. Tursoon-Zadeh)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:02:22 +0500
I am off 160 meters for a long time now and my operation limited to contests
when I can do temporary installations.

I found place near my qth which has 65 m mast and probably I will be able to
use it in the future for temporary installations.

I plan to do quarter wave wire vertical with elevated radials. I had
positive experience with elevation of radials but I am not sure if I did it
properly for best performance.

What I did is - from feeding point I run 45 degrees up to height of 3 meters
and than radials were parallel to the ground.

I am not sure if 45 degrees angle is correct one and what is the height
radials should be elevated. Recommendations are welcome.

Also I had some problems with matching and tuning of my Inv L antenna. I
found on Titanex Web page V160AS tuning unit for 160 m. I wonder if this
unit will work with my wire antennas like vertical or INV L. This unit
reasonably priced and seems like attractive solution.

Will be very thankful for information regarding my 2 questions.

Regards,

Nodir Tursoon-Zadeh EY8MM
nmt@at-communication.com
http://www.qsl.net/ey8mm/menu2.html