Topband: JT1CO Paths

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JT1CO Paths
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: 22 Feb 2002 13:52:21 -0800
On Fri, 22 February 2002, Bill Tippett wrote:

> Sunset path:
> JT1CO - W4ZV            22FEB02 2327    35              50
> JT1CO - W4ZV            01MAR02 2326    19              50
> JT1CO - W4ZV            16MAR02          0             nil

Those of us in the Northeast (W1/W2) should have the advantage for the sunset
path to JT during this period because our sunset is roughly 45 mins earlier
than W4ZV's.  That gives us more darkness overlap as we move into March.

Also, I want to reiterate Bill's comments about this path peaking over the next
few weeks.  My experience is that March can be a very good month for these skew
path or long path openings on the low bands.  The limiting factor seems to be
the activity (or lack thereof) from the DX end.  I have yet to even hear JT1CO
on Top Band, but the loudest signals I have ever heard in the past on 80m from
Zone 23 have been on the sunset path around the March equinox.
73, John W1FV