Topband: Bandplan/contest - a view from EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bandplan/contest - a view from EU
From: chris@manyoaks.co.uk (Chris Duckling)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:58:39 +0000
Hi all

The new bandplan certainly did spread the NA stations out this year - most
welcome.  I had more NA QSO's above 1900KHz in my 4 hours of operating than
in the last 10 years of entering!  Had to put the ATU in line to get a
acceptable SWR though.

As for EU's below 1843 - of course the bandplan is voluntary here and it
would seem that many (even some of our top DXers) don't seem to have
realised that to work NA you have to be above 1843.  Give it time.

I'd be interested to know from those EUs consistently CQing below 1843  a)
if they were listening/working split and b) why they felt they needed to be
down there.

Roll on next year when I hope to work all the contest not just 4 hours .....

73  de  Chris  G3SVL