Topband: Beverage grounds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage grounds
From: w7iuv@earthlink.net (Larry Molitor)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:07:37 +0000
At 12:04 PM 2/27/02 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>This has been discussed in past threads on measuring ground
>resistance, but unfortunately the low-frequency AC or dc resistance
>has no fixed relationship to RF resistance at various frequencies.

Sorry Tom, I should have been more precise in my post. I meant to say that
those were indeed DC measurements only. I went on to explain that RF based
measurements are a problem because of the high levels of AM BC at my QTH.

Measuring the surge impedance and adjusting the termination resistor value
to achieve minimum change in impedance when swept, gives resistor values
that are very close to the impedance measured. Of course, with all that BC
RF flying around, I can't be sure the measurements are correct.

Now, if you have a suggestion that might provide a better answer, I'd sure
like to hear it.

73,

Larry - W7IUV