Topband: Hearing and calling vs calling and hearing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hearing and calling vs calling and hearing
From: gtaft@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:43:22 -0500
Gentlemen:

I listened to the OD pileup last evening with interest, too.

An interesting concept:  changing QSX freq to seperate the callers from
the listeners.  Our moderator commented,

>  My apologies to all of the GOOD operators on this list for wasting
> your time.  OD5/OK1MU last night was a perfect example of #2 above.
> Pavel was on 1838 listening up 1-2 but occasionally he would send "QSX
> 37" and those who were LISTENING were rewarded with an easy QSO because
> of no pileup on that frequency

It made life easier on the DX operator and for those who caught the
info.

But it also took up more bandwidth.  I heard them calling from 1841 down
to 1835 - a lot of spectrum on a "small" DX band with somewhat crowded
condx.

73  George  W8UVZ