Topband: HZ1AB Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HZ1AB Activity
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:34:46 +0000
HZ1AB had quite a good signal into upstate NY last night at 0240Z.
Unfortunately, no qsx was given and the ops didn't seem to make much headway
with the pileup.  On 80M, they were calling "up 1" and doing quite well
before their qsy to 160M.  On 160M, I heard them come back to a few big guns
who evidently couldn't hear them underneath the pileup.  A very few did get
through I believe.  It seemed an unfortunately inefficient utilization of
the few minutes they spent on Topband, especially considering their
excellent signal.  Hope someone can reactivate HZ1AB sometime soon.

73,
Barry  N1EU