Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!
From: W2pm@aol.com (by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:43:08 +0000
I've been wondering why the makers have long abandoned the slave receiver
feature as on the TR4/R4 and S Line combos? The flexibility of two separate
receivers coupled with a tight integration of either VFO control is great.
AND, on would think it would ramp sales for second receivers as
accessories.. Yaesu, Icom and Kenwood both make fine standalone receivers
too. I know you could do this by PC control but you'd still need some
hardware or rube goldberg mods...  Pete, W2PM