Topband: Low Dipole for RX?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Low Dipole for RX?
From: bgkurz@epix.net (Kurzenknabe, Barbara and Glenn)
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 12:21:17 -0400
Hello Topbanders!
I have heard many good comments about a "low dipole" for RX on 160!  I
tried one last season and it was awful!  More noise than my inverted
L....  I must admit that I had the shield side of the antenna folded
back under the antenna and had it grounded thru a ground rod about 12
feet from the feedpoint, ala what some guys were talking about on 1850
one night.  Maybe I didn't do the "low dpole" justice?  Thoughts,
comments and specific configurations are desired.  (off line is best, I
would expect?) BTW, the three 10X50X10 EWE's worked very well,
especially the African one.
Very quiet!
Thanks and 73
Glenn, K3SWZ