Topband: vertical antennas.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: vertical antennas.
From: JAMESAMS88@aol.com (JAMESAMS88@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:21:15 EDT
Interesting stories on the trap verticals, vacuum relays etc. in the top of
your vertical. Sounds like an engineers nightmare congratulations to anyone
who can make them work and keep them working.  I have a 65 foot TV pushup
mask setting on top of a telephone insulator. I use a copper tubing base
160, 80, and 40 meters.  works very well on all 3 bands, but lighting got me
once and knocked out a couple relays. I dont have room for much in a small
yard in town. I have lots of radials but they are short. WØNFL