Topband: salt the ground?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: salt the ground?
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:32:29 -0400
When the Roman legions attacked an area, they killed, looted,
etc. If they were especially angry with the folks they had
just overrun, they sometimes salted the ground. Made it unable to
support plant life, rendering the area unusable for agriculture
including grazing, etc. My understanding is that salting the earth
amounts to poisoning the earth. Anyone know different?
Furthermore, I seriously doubt whether it would improve low
band antenna performance measurably. This idea sounds like
a non-starter, in my book. Worst case, it might even be
considered an 'environmental crime'.  73, David K3KY