Topband: salt the ground?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: salt the ground?
From: k2hk@arrl.net (Howard Klein)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:18:08 +0000
Received a surprising number of replies, some privately. They ranged from
the sarcastic to the helpful and one or two have actually tried this with
anecdotally reported success. I neglected to say this tower in in the middle
of a 5 acre field whose vegetation has no interest to me since it is far
enough from the house and the horses have left home.  My major concern would
be metal corrosion to the system if there is physical contact. There were
more votes from individuals who suggested that I go for it. If I do I will
report back with my impressions. Thanks for the ideas and the smiles.

Howard M. Klein, K2HK