Topband: too young for topband ! (?)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: too young for topband ! (?)
From: keith@jillings.org.uk (Keith Jillings)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:06:37 +0100
Craig Clark wrote:

> I have been a dedicated op on 160 since 1972...................at age
> 21........
>
> Learned a lot from the guys on then and yes they were older but they
> were kind and generous with their help and support!

I started on 160 in 1960 at age 17.   Like so many others, what attracted me
was
the sense of cameraderie - and the thick envelope from W1BB - the "Stewbull".
I wish I'd looked after those more carefully!

This QTH means "no 160" but I have hopes for the second QTH (GW3OIT) and maybe
third somewhere... some day.

Long may 160 continue as the "gentleman's band" - or "friendly band" if you
prefer.

Keith
--
Keith Jillings