Topband: Receive Antenna Recommendations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Receive Antenna Recommendations
From: k7rx@attbi.com (Kevin Nathan)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 05:39:21 -0000
Hello All,

I finally finished my antenna work for my transmitting antenna yesterday.  I
am pleased with how well it works.  Now, I need to improve my receive
capability.  I have a Kenwood TS-2000 with an external receive port.  I also
have a PT3 preamp sitting on the shelf ready to go.  I don't have the room
for a beverage, EWE or even a KK9A loop.  Even finding a good spot to put up
a standard sized coaxial loop about 20 feet around the perimeter would be
difficult in the space I have left.

With these restrictions in mind, does anyone have any suggestions for a
good, low noise receive antenna with a very low profile?  Something I could
weave around the edge of my property would be nice.  I basically would be
very glad to hear any suggestions you all have for me.

Thanks much and 73 to all.

Kevin, K7RX :)