Topband: 3XY7C active on 160 Meters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3XY7C active on 160 Meters
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:04:00 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to a heads up telephone call from K3SX during the CW Sweepstapes I
added 3XY7C to the K1HTV logbook.  The DX Cluster was turned off
during the contest so I otherwise would have missed a new one. 3X is
country #185 worked with 100 Watts or less.  They were on 1822 listening
up 3 KHz Saturday. On Sunday evening 3XY7C was on 1825 KHz, again QSX up
around 3 KHz. They have excellent ears and worked all the way to the left
coast Saturday & Sunday evenings local U.S. times.

See you all in the CQWW CW DX Contest at the end of the month from
the 160 meter position at W3LPL.  Topband propagation to the east during
last week's CQWW Phone DX test was awful. We only managed to work 39
countries at W3LPL, including only 3 European, 6 African, 3 Oceania and
6 South American countries on 160 Meters at.  Hope that conditions
improve during the CW weekend at the end of this month.

73 de Rich - K1HTV
dz@voa.gov