Topband: beverage support spacing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: beverage support spacing
From: n5ia@zia-connection.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:15:06 -0700
INQUIRY
> > Good news! I got permission to use the field behind my house to install
> > winter beverages. Now for the fun stuff. I searched the archives for
info
> > on  beverage support types, but did not find much discussion on that
topic.

REPLY
> I use 10'  long 2x2's which I make from pressure treated 2x4'sthaty I have
> cut in half length-wise with my table saw (you can also but 10 foot 2x2's
at

COMMENT
I have used 1 1/2" PVC for portable Beverage antenna supports for the last 7
years.  I have moved them many times.  I also used this system to install
the "farm" at W7MCO.  Please see http://eaars.com/~n7gp/ for an example.

I install steel fence posts as the base support and then just slip the 10'
length of PVC pipe over the fence post.  Just "V" the top of the pipe as a
resting place for your Beverage wire.  If you do 2-wire Bevs like I do, then
the PVC "tee" and two short cut pieces with grooves cut in them at proper
spacing works great for the wire supports.  I have constructed these using
wire sizes from # 18 AWG zip cord to # 12 solid copperweld.  Good luck with
the project.

Milt, N5IA