Topband: New Guidelines for Posting

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New Guidelines for Posting
From: btippett at alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed Jan 22 06:41:53 2003
        We are now using a new version of Mailman which has
created a few start-up problems.  Until further notice, messages
with the following problems will be bounced back to the sender
for editing before they can be posted:

1.  HTML attachments.  If your E-mail is set to send both Plain
Text and HTML, please set it for Plain Text only.  This is easy
to do in Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express, etc. but you may
need to spend a few minutes looking through your Tools and
Options.

2.  Top-posts to previous messages.  I've been stripping the
attached messages myself but the new software does not allow
it.  If you want to refer to a previous post, please EDIT IT (e.g. like
W8JI does).  What is a "top-post"?  It's posting your reply at the
top of a previously sent message.  This can really get ridiculous
when you see replies to replies to replies stacked up!

        If you receive a bounce to a posted message, I will tell
you which of the above must be fixed before we can accept it.
Also, please remember the following from our guidelines:

"Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth
limitations and edit posts for succinctness (include ONLY relevant
excerpts of previous posts.  When responding to a specific
individual, think carefully before copying to the other 1100 of us on
the reflector."

        Thanks in advance to all for you help and understanding!
If we all work together we can maintain the quality of the reflector.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV