Topband: How to File BPL Comments with the FCC

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: How to File BPL Comments with the FCC
From: btippett at alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu Aug 7 10:00:37 2003
        Several suggested I summarize how to do this:

1.  Go to http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi
2.  Enter only 03-104 in Box 1 (Proceeding).
3.  Complete all required boxes (2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12)
4.  Attach your file in .doc, .pdf, .xls, etc in the first large
box and click "Sent Attached File to FCC".

OR...and much easier for shorter comments,

5.  Type your comments directly into the bottom large box,
keeping <70 characters per line, and click "Send Brief
Comments to FCC".

After 4. or 5., another screen should appear where you need to
click "Finish Transaction and Receive Confirmation".  If you
did everything correctly, you should then receive a confirmation
number on the next screen.  If you don't see the confirmation
number, your comments were not submitted correctly.

        Your comments will likely not appear until the next
business day since it takes them awhile to process everything.
Please DO comment before the August 20 window closes!  This
could be the most important thing you will ever do to insure we
do not allow the FCC fill our bands with interference.  Let's prevent
another Pandora's Box like the FCC gave us with Citizens Band!

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Much more info is available at ARRL's webpage:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/ including how to file.