Topband: Re: Open wire feeders

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Open wire feeders
From: elwell at salisbury.net (Henry G. Elwell, Jr.)
Date: Sat Aug 9 20:51:12 2003
I was pleased to see Craig, K1QX, and others refer to my October 1980,
"Long transmission line for optimum antenna location."  I am still using
my 4-wire lines, cross connected, to my two beams over 400 feet from the
shack; now over 23 years in use.  I had not read my article in a long
time, and surprised myself with its 8 1/4 pages in length.

        I still have about 75 of the 4-wire standoff insulators, which I would
be willing to share with those really interested in building such a
line.  They mount to a wooden post with a long lag bolt, which I do not
have. The insulators were originally used at the RCA Riverhead, Long
Island, NY installation, and were used extensively for their many antennas.

Vy 73 Henry
--
Henry G. Elwell, Jr. - N4UH

Good, better, best...never let it rest until the good is better and the
better best.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]