Topband: VQ9LA temp QRT from 160M.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VQ9LA temp QRT from 160M.
From: "Tom Althoff" <althoff@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:28:45 -0400
Got a note a few minutes ago from Larry, VQ9LA...he's referring to the "I am
here" VQ9LA 1818.0 post that appeared on the cluster earlier in the evening.

Larry writes:

"Tnx Tom,
   Someone be bootleging my call. I have been at work for the past 10 hours.
I have a serious Noise problem here in chagos at the present time. The local
AM BCST station took the Home brew filter off thier Xmitter and there is no
way for me to work 160 at the present time. Iam trying to see were the spot
is from. Maybe they have my call confused with the VK9 ops going on at the
present time? VQ9LA has not been on 160 for about a week.
73 Larry
Have to check into this bootleg operator"

Sure hope the local BC station get's it's act together before Winter ends!

Tom K2TA