Re: Topband: Ground Radials

To: Fred Cresce <fcresce@comcast.net>,topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground Radials
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:51:54 -1000
Hi Fred and all,

I am using a power edger to cut slots in the lawn, and then another tool to jam the radial wire down into the slot. It is a lot of work. I think it will be worth while, because then I will be able to mow or rake the lawn without messing up my radial system, or having to move the radials out of the way first, as I have been doing for the last couple of years. I'll also be able to play baci ball or horseshoes, or other games without tripping on radial wires.

I don't know about using chicken wire. I can think of a few reasons not to use it. It is ferrous metal, which is not the best for RF currents. And if you also intend to have copper wire radials in addition to the chicken wire, the combination of copper and galvanized steel is not a good one for corrosion resistance.

DE N6KB