Re:Topband: Non-inductive resistors

To: "k8fc" <k8fc@k8fc.com>
Subject: Re:Topband: Non-inductive resistors
From: "i4jmy@iol.it" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:16:33 +0100
Anything has inducvtance/reactance, and a small inductive reactance is not
affecting the beverage at all.
Standard film resistors, few turns of resistive metal film compound laying on a
very small diameter ,have a small reactance at 2 MHz.
Some 5x 2W 2200 Ohm in parallel (1/5 also the original inductance) already make
a practical and easy, and effective 440 Ohm 10W termination, whose SWR is
neglectable at 2 MHz.

73,
Mauri I4JMY