RE: Topband: To Balun or not to Balun that is the question.

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: To Balun or not to Balun that is the question.
From: "Jaime P.Ullívarri" <ea6nb@infonegocio.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:57:11 -0000
Hi Tom,
The BN86 is not a bead balun, at least the old one I've got , I have one
open from my TH7 (burnt) just a voltage balun with 3 windings over a small
ferrite rod, the newer one BN-4000B is a bead (type 77 over RG-303) balun.
Thanks for excellent articles on baluns, I have made several air baluns for
low band.
Best 73 and HNY 2004.
73, Jaime EA6NB.