Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX window
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:28:24 -0500
VO1NA wrote:
>The Radio Amateurs of Canada proposed band plan was published in the
last issue of "The Canadian Amateur".  It _allows_ SSB below 1840
under certain conditions.   I'm not sure about the reasoning for
this.  There may be countries which don't have allocations above
1840, but they don't have restrictions  on listening up there for
VE's on SSB.

        Joe, all 3 IARU Regional Bandplans suggest narrowband modes only
below 1840 (that means the EDGE of the lower sideband which implies
an 1843 carrier frequency if the wideband signal is 3 kHz wide).

http://www.iaru-r2.org/hf_e.htm

Of course if some emergency dictated, I would not hesitate to
transmit below 1843 on SSB.  Working I5JVA on 1840.5 LSB does
NOT qualify as an emergency in my opinion, even if it is in a
contest.  ;-)

73, Bill W4ZV