Re: Topband: Transceiver Key Clicks - Thanks for inputs!

To: "Thomas Kuehl" <ac7a@earthlink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Transceiver Key Clicks - Thanks for inputs!
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:32:32 -1000
> Thanks goes to many of you for your many inputs on
> the Omni VI+ and K2/100 keying characteristics. The
> information is very helpful in my radio selection process.

Seems off no one has suggested to you the "new" Ten Tec
Orion rig.  CW keying characteristics can be set exactly
as you choose,  all the way out to 10 msec rise/and or fall.
Default from the factory is 5 msec rise/fall each side of a "dit".

Such are discussed here:

http://www.doug-smith.net/cwbandwidth1.htm

this describes the "raised-cosine" CW wave shaped used by Orion.

Not the least expensive radio,  however!  Also brings what
seems to be puzzling to many operators:  complete control
of the AGC characteristics.....a completely new set of handles
to fool with,  hi.  Should you want to check into that topic,  try:

http://www.doug-smith.net/digitalagc.htm

73,  Jim  KH7M