Re: Topband: Top Band DXing Long Ago

To: k3ky@erols.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band DXing Long Ago
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:13:39 EST
Just the other day on a local radio station they were playing a vintage Jean
Sheppard program tape from the his old days on WOR AM - Jean was K2ORS and a
well known writer and radio raconteur. The tape I mention was where he tells
about his first encounter with ham radio and got turned on. It was a shack of
his pals dad and he explains how the guy was on 160 and had an antenna 2 miles
long, etc. He said he couldnt hear the guy the ham was trying to talk to - all
the noise and static made it impossible to make any sense of the conversion -
he was hooked for life thereafter...