Topband: 160/80 vertical advice

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160/80 vertical advice
From: "Rsauvan" <cabmas@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:23:38 -0600
Hi all,
I am looking to raise an existing 50 foot tower to make it into
a vertical for 80/160. I would like to know what others are
using in a similar setup or advice from others. I can go as
high as 95 feet with a mast as the last 8 foot or so. I am
 looking to keep the tower grounded but I could insulate
from ground if it is felt to be a better antenna. I will use a
gamma match or what do you all suggest? Will a height
lower than 95 feet be better for matching 80/160. Should I
build a top hat for loading and how big would that be? Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated and what are you
using? I need something better than my inverted L to get
through the East coast guys. I am located in Wisconsin.160
is getting real good now and I want to have a better antenna to take advantage
of conditions. Please email direct to save
reflector band width and I apologize if this is not a specific
topband question although I believe it relates in some way,
shape or form. Thanks in advance and will see you on the
topband.
                                            Bob-WT9Q