Topband: 3B9C 160 mtrs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B9C 160 mtrs
From: <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:46:19 -0500
I was sitting on 1822.7 last night when 3B9C came up calling
CQ. He was an honest 599, unbelievable !!  I started calling
up 3 , when after about 5 minutes I realized he was listening
1816-1817 instead. Whipped the vfo down there and called twice.
He came back at 0108 gmt  with 549  to me, but in a matter of seconds his
signal dropped from S9 to an S1 ( amongst the local city line noise ).
After that he was extremely difficult copy.

Thanks for number 218 top band, from a noisy,cramped city lot
without room for bev's etc etc , only an Inv L ( 70' vertical ).

Glenn VA3DX