Re: Topband: 3B9C to KA6W

To: jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3B9C to KA6W
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:58:23 -0800
Bill, W4ZV wrote:

"Being near the antipode may be one of the few cases where being farther
away from a DX station may actually be better for propagation on
Topband!"

John, W1FV wrote:

"This does seem to be true, too, from New England.  Western Australia
(VK6) is almost antipodal to my QTH in eastern MA.  VK6HD and VK6VZ are
sometimes remarkably strong on short path around our local sunrisem.  In
fact they are generally stronger and more consistent than the signals
from eastern Australia which is geographically closer."