RE: Topband: back from 3B9... thanks

To: "'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: back from 3B9... thanks
From: "Larry Burke WI5A" <burkelj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:55:31 -0600

Eric, K3NA, from 3B9C team wrote:

>>We were really glad that we were on top band the first nights when signals
were loud and more geographically widespread

Wish all expeditions would take the approach 3B9C did rather than wait till
the last coupe of days of an operation to get on topband. Granted, not all
teams are that large and carry that much gear, but there seems to be an
approach by many other teams that they won't work topband until all the
other bands are worked out. By so doing, we miss what may be the only
propagation to a location. Thanks Eric & Co.

Larry Wi5A