Re: Topband: 450 ohms ladder line

To: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>,"Jacques RAMBAUD" <f6bki@wanadoo.fr>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 450 ohms ladder line
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:23:01 -0400
The high end 450 window line from Wireman (and others?) is a stranded
copper-clad variety that is quite flexible.

They sell a copperweld solid #18, which is as you describe it (#551),
but also sell three other types #18, #16, and #14,(#552-554) where the
16 or 19 stranded conductors are each copper-clad steel. I find these
to be quite flexible, irritatingly so for some applications where some
stiffness would be useful. So I keep a bit of both types around.

For 300 ohms (#562) there is a stranded copper-clad window line as
well. This also is quite flexible.

One does not have to scale to smaller conductors just because it is
being used for receive. Physical suitability for the application is
far more important.

73 & GL, Guy.