Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:42:39 -0400
>> OK, so maybe a two wire switchable may not be the way to
go.  How  about
>> placing them  parallel about 15 feet apart...one facing
northwest,  and one facing
> >southeast?  Any interaction?  Any need to ground  one
when the other is being
> >used?

>As far as placement, I used the only spot on the property
that it will fit.  Even 290' bevs don't >work well due to
buildings, antennas, roads, etc.

Think about this and the other similar comments.

Now ask yourself why anyone would think about intentionally
laying a wire underneath the Beverage, and how you would get
feedline from one end to the other?

I take great care to keep my buried feedlines at least
50 -100 feet away from Beverages.

I think a better solution is to just use a reflection style
antenna, unless you can angle the cables out to some point
away from the antenna. Rather than using two single wire
antennas, I'd just use one wire and use two GOOD feedpoint
transformers...one at each end. Then you could terminate the
unused end in a 75 ohm resistor (or whatever) whenever you
are not using it.

73 Tom