RE: Topband: TOP HAT GUY WIRES

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: TOP HAT GUY WIRES
From: "R. Kline" <k7nj@zahav.net.il>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:21:05 -0600
I've had good results with similar connections by using a suitable
conductive grease.  I believe that these are mentioned in the ARRL Antenna
Handbook.  I've used both "Noalox", and "Penetrox".  Be sure to use the
right kind of Penetrox as the manufacturer makes several.  AES sells the
correct kind of Penetrox in a small squeeze tube.  Noalox is commonly
available wherever electrical supplies are sold for professional
electricians since it is commonly used to assure long-term reliable
conductivity of conduit connections, etc.
73,
Riki, K7NJ - 4X4NJ