Re: Topband: Bev. antenna cores

To: "linda doyle" <ldoyle@gwi.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bev. antenna cores
From: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 17:55:04 -0700
John,
I had a 75A4 once that took a mild lightning hit and the slug tuned cores
in the rf amp were all magnetized. They all had to be replaced. This might
be the same problem. If the toroids can be brought close to small nails and
they attract, then the cores are magnetized and have to be replaced. If
that is not the problem, then it might be relays. I run two-wire Beverages
here also.
73 N7RT

At 05:40 PM 10/3/04 -0500, linda doyle wrote:
>Gentlemen...how can one test a mn8cx core for saturation my ne/sw 2 wire
bev. stopped working and I did everything but paint it to find the problem
and everything appears to be normal the only thing left to do is check for
saturation haven't a clue how to go about it,except wind all new
transformers there are 4 stacked transformers 2 cores each transformer and
i don't have any left however have ordered 16 new ones but there must be
some way to test them otherwise how did that term originate? thanks for any
input on the subject..  John K1GUN..